I'm usually pretty good about chores: I don't mind washing dishes. I obsessivlely clean my apartment. I vacuum every week. Mop the floors every other week. Take out the trash prompltly at 11pm on Thursday night. But there's one chore that is my weakness, that I disdain like no other -- laundry. Bleh.
I think it's because it's just such a total and utter time suck that it bothers me so much. 60 min to wash. 90 minutes to dry. 20 minutes to fold. And that's just for one load! I just spent the entirety of my evening doing laundry, and I'm not even done yet. On the positive side, it's given me time to blog.
Let's see, what's new today. Well, I filed for my first patent. Which I think is pretty darn spiffy. What did I invent you may ask? Alas, I can't say. It's super top secret. It's nothing earth shattering and I can't take much of the credit but it's my first patent nonetheless.
Invention is just such an amazing thing. And I'm not just talking about all the big inventions, like the personal computer, or vaccines. Those are great too. But the ones that weren't the result of millions of dollars in R&D I find particularly amazing. For example, that little peice of brown cardboard you slide over your Starbucks coffee so you don't scald your hands -- brilliant! The whole idea of blades of rubber that oscillate to keep water of your windshield -- brilliant!
Anycase, I think my last load is done drying ... argh.
1 comment:
I second that!
Davina
Post a Comment