Wednesday, September 28, 2005

First day

My first day was mostly travel time. Hopped on a plane in San Jose to Dallas to Baton Rouge. Total Travel time: a little less than 7 hours.

The humidity hits you as soon as you step off the plane. Just like the Philippines. My shirt suck to my back in the time it took me to walk from the plane into the Baton Rouge airport.

After I picked my luggage I called the DR# info line as I was instructed during orientation. Also called staffing at the local HQ to let them know I was here. They instructed me to wait outside on the curb for the hourly red cross shuttle. Look for the red cross poster or the group of fellow red cross volunteers who are already waiting. You may have to wait for a shuttle or two or three since they carry only 7 or 8 at a time.

1 comment:

Duane k said...

It is just like the Philippines in more ways than jthe humidity. I left the Philippines at an early age and when I returned to visit family I realized how poor and dirty the cities seemed. I imagine the gulf coast similarly right now.

Keep up the good work and God bless.